Digital Video Editor - YouTube / AVOD / Fast
London, United Kingdom
In this role the Media Manager is responsible for the receipt and processing of content and managing the delivery of all programming for transmission to the Playout facility. The Media Manager liaises with production teams both internal and external and Bookings, Archive, Engineering, Edit Support in order to ensure fast and accurate processing and delivery of all content.
• Prioritising content for delivery to Production, Ingest, Edit, VOD and Playout teams
• Ensuring ingest requirements are correct with all required content captured.
• Ensuring the accuracy of all naming conventions, metadata and its application.
• Work effectively with MCR, Engineering, Production, Edit, Bookings, Ingest and
• Archive teams.
• Managing issues with incoming content including escalating and reporting as
• Supervising content restores from archive storage.
• Management of day to day file delivery schedule.
• Identify potential delayed or late delivery issues.
• QC of all files to be delivered for Playout.
• Liaise with the Playout facility.
• Monitor day to day performance of the MAM system.
• Responsible for the issuing and receipt of hardware devices sent out on productions
• for recordings.
• Point of contact for system engineering issues.
• Working knowledge of broadcast equipment, various file formats and transcoding processes.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for a wide range of sports under the WBD portfolio.
• Ability to work autonomously under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
• Excellent understanding and demonstrable expertise in the use of EVS's IPD MAM system.
• Knowledge of other EVS hardware and systems such as XT Access or similar.
• Understand different file formats and audio track layouts and their different uses in a production environment.
• Understand the importance of metadata and to ensure an accurate and consistent approach to metadata input.
• Understanding the importance of managing media and the requirement for it to be constantly available, not lost or deleted.
• Excellent communication skills to deal with Production teams, Edit, MCR,
• Engineering and Playout used to working in a broadcast environment.
• Ability to cope in a pressurised environment making informed decisions in a timely fashion.
• Understand the implications of deadlines versus the time taken for systems to process material.
• Provide support and advice for the edit support teams.
• This is a shift-based role - covering 7 days a week.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nn27-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.