Sales Account Associate (Entry level)
WBBH, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Fort Myers, FL, is looking for a Sales Account Associate. The entry level position is a sales training program geared toward developing candidates into Sales Account Executives. As a Sales Account Associate, your first priority is to learn all facets of local television sales while encouraging your natural sales abilities. All sales team members, led by the Local Sales Manager, will contribute to your training and ultimate success. You will report to the Director of Sales.
• Comprehensive 9-12-month training, with ongoing career development and opportunities through WBBH
• Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques
• Train with top sales producers
• Learn software skills such as WideOrbit Traffic and Media Sales, Media Monitors, Matrix, and other sales platforms
• Learn and work with Nielsen research data
• Roleplay and practice presentations regularly
Tasks listed below are all a part of the training regimen for development to Account Executive
• Assist the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations
• Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department
• Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
• Communicate with our teams (including: sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns
• Enter and maintain all orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of WOCentral orders to WideOrbit
• Manage sales database
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary
• Excellent social, intrapersonal, and presentation skills
• Must be focused and organized
• Proficient in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
• Must have an enterprising spirit with a goal of becoming a media sales account executive in 9-12 months
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on the whole person. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk61m8-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.