Mmj/ Reporter - WBAY
Come work for an award-winning station in an award-winning city! Winner of the regional Edward R. Murrow Awards for Best Newscast and Overall Excellence, WBAY is the market-leading station in the #1 Best Place to Live in the Country, as ranked by US News & World Report: Green Bay, WI. As the first TV station in the area and only the second in the state, WBAY has a rich history of community involvement, sponsoring local events, supporting Toys for Tots, and producing the longest-running local telethon in the country. As an NFL town situated on the Great Lakes, Green Bay is a safe, affordable, midsize community with something for everyone. Tour Lambeau Field, go hiking or kayaking in picturesque Door County, check out a local brewery, or catch nationally-touring concerts and stage shows.
WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin is looking for an experienced MMJ/Reporter to join our news team. Ideally, applicants should have a minimum of (1) year of experience. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom, and a creative storyteller & writer.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful, and compelling content for all platforms
- Able to shoot, write, edit, and present stories in a live and/or recorded situation
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
• At least 1 year working at a TV station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience with digital content management systems, shooting video, TVU backpacks/apps, and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WBAY-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzj0o-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.