Digital Content News Producer / MMJ - WBAY
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station has received Edward R. Murrow Awards each of the past four years, including Overall Excellence. Our news department produces 36 hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
WBAY-TV seeks a Digital Content Producer/MMJ to integrate written, video and audio content into stories for wbay.com and station social media sites. This person will also report live on breaking and developing stories from our First Alert Digital Desk. This person may also shoot and edit video and interviews for use in newscasts, as well as operate TVU backpacks for live shots. This person will be part of our assignment desk, sending teams of reporters, camera operators and other support staff to news stories, and coordinate distribution on multiple platforms.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writing stories, and editing and posting video to wbay.com, mobile apps and social media accounts, using AP style.
• Editing video, images and interviews to match scripts for use in newscasts or digital platforms.
• Ability to shoot video with phone or camera as needed.
• Ability to report on a broad range of subjects for a live audience on digital platforms, or TV.
• A deep understanding of how to engage users on social media, as well as social listening techniques to discover stories.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
- Must have strong work ethic, excellent people skills, and must maintain professional attitude at all times
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- A valid driver's license
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98ek7-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.