Come be the difference at WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5, located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
WBAL Newsradio 1090 and FM 101.5 has an immediate opening for a Part Time Traffic Anchor/Reporter. We are looking for a dependable individual with a confident on-air delivery, who can effectively and concisely communicate traffic conditions in the greater Baltimore area in an easy to understand and useful way.
• Live in studio anchoring of WBAL traffic reports.
• Monitor multiple sources to compile reports on the latest traffic conditions.
• Use digital and social media platforms to update and interact with listeners.
• Deliver breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
• Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
• Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
• Must be available to work holidays and be able to manage a flexible schedule.
• College or comparable experience preferred.
• Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news and/or traffic.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.