Hearst-owned WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 is seeking a versatile journalist to join our award-winning team who is comfortable in both the sports and news arenas. We are searching for a motivated, dependable individual who can anchor with energy, urgency, and confidence-whether it is a sports update, newscast or traffic report. The ideal candidate is also unafraid to head into the field to cover breaking stories and will be encouraged to enterprise stories and deliver compelling content on-air and through our digital platforms. This is a part-time, on-site position.
• Anchoring of WBAL News and sports updates.
• Monitoring news from multiple sources and scripting twice-hourly news and sports reports.
• Supporting news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
• Covering live sports events and press conferences when needed.
• Hosting special sports programming as warranted.
• Delivering breaking stories in a timely and concise manner.
• Contributing to our online platforms, including wbal.com and social media.
• Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
• Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
• Must be available to work holidays, and flexible with schedule during breaking sports and news events.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting sports and news.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reb080-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.