Associate News Producer
WBAL-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast
Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing
all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including
the Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering.
Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this
position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of
Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution of the
overall look of the newscast..
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
• Must also have experience with production switchers, video servers, and audio and studio equipment.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
• Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.