News Operations Manager
WBAL-TV, the NBC affiliate in Baltimore, Maryland and a Hearst Television station, is looking for a News Operations Manager who thrives on winning the big story across all platforms. We go wherever the big story takes us and dedicate the right resources to provide the best coverage for our audience. We are looking for a take-charge leader who can organize logistics for breaking news, daily coverage, and major projects. In person attendance is required.
• Organize logistics and planning for high-profile events.
• Manage a fleet of live trucks, satellite trucks, ENG helicopter and TVUs
• Help plan and execute multiplatform programming, including on-site productions and field productions.
• Work closely with our engineering department on newsgathering and production logistics.
• Manage schedules for our team of photojournalists, editors, and directors.
• Identify and implement new technology to advance our storytelling across all platforms.
• Foster an inclusive culture, encouraging collaboration and discussion to enterprise content in our diverse community.
• At least five years of newsroom experience, including some leadership experience
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Possess broad understanding of broadcast operations and equipment.
• Work cohesively to execute strategic goals as part of the leadership team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g48037-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.