Digital Media Editor
WBAL Newsradio 1090 and FM 101.5 has a rare opening for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter to join our award-winning team and the Hearst family. We are looking for a motivated, dependable individual with a confident on-air delivery, who can effectively and concisely communicate local, world, and national news in an easy to understand and useful way.
• Anchoring of WBAL Newscasts.
• Monitoring news from multiple sources and scripting twice-hourly newscasts.
• Supporting news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
• Delivering breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
• Contributing to our online platforms, including wbal.com and social media.
• Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
• Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
• Must be available to work holidays, and flexible with schedule during breaking news.
• College or comparable experience preferred.
• Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5nk2-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.