Digital Media Manager - WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock
WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock, the Hearst-owned radio stations in Baltimore, Maryland are looking for a multi-platform journalist to execute our stations' digital strategy and multimedia content initiatives. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts, including our website and social media pages. The Digital Media Manager helps craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our journalistic, content and business goals. This is done under the direction of the Digital and Creative Services Director alongside the stations' Program Directors and by working closely with fellow newsroom staff, show producers, as well as promotion and sales staff. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of digital technology as well as strong writing and editorial skills.
• Manages online content and operations including selecting and writing material for all our digital platforms.
• Manages team of Digital Content Producers
• Develops and guides execution of strategies to meet digital goals
• Creatively develops unique content, event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social media
• Works to develop content during breaking news
• Works closely with news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms
• Takes an active role in daily editorial meetings
• Coordinates consistent training of news personnel to contribute to all digital platforms (field gathering and presentation); maximize best practices to involve the whole station as regular contributors
• Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to provide superior coverage and marketing of news.
• Regularly communicates pertinent metrics
• Help in executing digital sales initiatives
• Editor experience a plus
• Non-linear editing knowledge a plus
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Audition a plus
• Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
• Highly organized
• Skillful Writer
• Aggressive content gatherer
• Social Media savvy
• Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
• Good news judgment
• Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
• Team player
• Be willing to have a flexible schedule
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rny12k-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.