WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is looking for a VFX Artist to create high quality, stylized and impactful VFX to compliment various aspects of our game. You'll work closely with the extended art team, Lead Technical Artist, Art Director, designers, and engineers as you take VFX from conception through game engine integration. You must be well versed in industry game engines, industry standard art tools, as well as real-time, game functional effects techniques that are both visually stunning and performance friendly. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates VFX work for assigned aspects of our game with a focus on technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
What part will you play?
• Collaborate with the art team, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game's VFX
• Use industry standard software packages to create VFX assets for a wide range of uses from simple particle systems to complex gameplay-driven VFX
• Work directly in the game engine to create and optimize stunning VFX
• Contribute to the design and streamlining of VFX tools and development processes
• Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready
• 3+ years professional experience in games development with a strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to explore, visualize, and create stunning VFX
• Degree in Interactive Media, Digital Arts or equivalent work experience
• Experience with effects authoring tools like Houdini, After Effects, Maya, etc
• Experience building real-time game ready effects in UE4 (Niagara/Cascade) or equivalent engine
• Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
• A working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware
• A good background in 3D modeling, lighting, and animation
• A clear, concise and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• A self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and execute quickly
• Have a passion for video games
• Must have portfolio link on resume