Mobile Game Systems Designer
San Francisco, CA
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Systems Designer for WB Games San Francisco, a mobile gaming studio. The position is based in San Francisco. You will be tasked to help bring WB's iconic properties from movies, television and comics to mobile gaming.
As a Sr. Systems Designer, you will design compelling game systems, mechanics and content and work with a team of engineers, artists, UX designers, producers and product managers to see their implementation. Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role.
• Work with the design and product management leadership to develop, hone and shape systems and mechanics appropriate to a game's IP and creative vision.
• Create game design documents that communicate concepts and define requirements to other team members across different disciplines.
• Work with the team to develop both paper and digital game system prototypes.
• Create game content for a live mobile game and help maintain and update that content on an ongoing basis.
• 3 – 5 years experience making successful games, specifically mobile. Mobile hit a plus. Be ready to tell us how you define ''successful''.
• Desire to work with a mass market, extremely well-known IP.
• Obsession with games and game mechanics of all types (board, pen and paper, mobile, console, PC).
• The ability to convey game concepts, mechanics and requirements in a clear and concise way through appropriate documentation or presentations.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.
• Big picture thinking that can see past personal bias and envision outcomes outside of your creative comfort zone.
• Deep understanding of the mobile/social market.
• The ability to recognize when a design isn't working and pivot smoothly to still hit the creative target.
• The ability to incorporate data and metrics into your designs while understanding the limits of data-driven design and not giving up your design instincts.
• Ability to prototype game mechanics and work to a high standard at any point in the design iteration loop.
• Familiarity with Unity preferred.
• Scripting Skills a plus.
• Art Skills a plus.
• Fast iteration abilities.