Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Tools and Game Pipelines Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans working on our upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
The Tools and Game Pipelines Software Engineer will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop and maintain high-quality tools and game pipelines for AAA games on Next Generation platforms. The candidate must be able to demonstrate high competency for tools development, have a true passion for game development and for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
• Develop and implement key tools and game pipelines and integrate with internal and external shared services and libraries.
• Participate in all parts of the development process from concept through to live-ops
• Work closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
• Collaborate with the design team to build gameplay systems and supporting tools
• Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Proficiency in C++ (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
• Strong 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
• Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
• Proficient experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Nice to Have
• Understanding of Unreal Engine Editor pipelines and supporting assets
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Autodesk Shotgun API experience
• TeamCity Automation experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8b57-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.