High Moon Studios
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Software Engineer who is a client-side generalist that has some prior User Interface (UI) experience.
They must be a talented and hard-working individual who is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games.
What part will you play?
• You will be developing and implementing UI tieing into game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external shared services and libraries.
• Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code for game systems and features
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require from you?
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles working on User Interface.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experienced in C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games