WB Games San Diego is seeking a Server Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
• Integrate backend Systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.)
• Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers, and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend, and tools
• Develop tools that empower our LiveOps and Game Design teams to deliver frequent live game events and store offers
• Improve configuration management, game build, and deployment processes
What do we require from you?
• 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in C++ / Java / Python (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
• Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
• Strong Problem Solving, Debugging, and Troubleshooting Skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Good to have
• Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services and Terraform preferred)
• Experience working with Amazon GameLift a bonus.