Avalanche Software, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior UI Software Engineer to join our talented team working on upcoming AAA console title Hogwarts Legacy. As a member of our studio's UI team, you will be working directly with designers, artists, and engineers to deliver our immersive game on the latest next-generation consoles and high-end PC platforms.
Candidates must have a passion for creating top-notch user experiences, from the overall presentation to the user interaction. Experience with shipped games built on Unreal Engine and UMG required. The ideal candidate is collaborative, hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, and results oriented.
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience building user interfaces on at least two successfully published game titles on modern game consoles or PC
• Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems
• Exceptional knowledge of UMG blueprints
• Ability to work with unfamiliar code to connect UI to various game systems
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
• Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experience in handling game console technical requirements
• Experience with Unreal Engine's Slate and/or Canvas APIs
• Familiarity with shaders and materials programming
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Experience with Photoshop or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kyyz-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.