Senior Level Designer
High Moon Studios
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WBG SD is looking for a Senior Level Designer to design exciting, innovative, and balanced multiplayer levels for an upcoming AAA action game.
What part will you play?
• Work closely with the design team and creative leaders on level designs
• Design and greybox exciting, innovative, and balanced multiplayer levels
• Continually iterate and test level designs against player move set, combat abilities, and player skill level (through audience testing)
• Distill and integrate aspects of iconic locations into gameplay set pieces
• Create replayable moments that are fun the first and five thousandth time
• Introduce variability to a mostly static map
• Work closely with environment artists to develop and deliver against the product vision
• Establish level design pipeline & methodology as the first member of the level design team
• Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines
• Be the voice for level design in cross discipline conversations and planning
• Mentor and advise other designers in level design process and best practices
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we require from you?
• Strong knowledge of level design principles, theories, and contemporary game trends
• Great writing, presenting, and team communication a must
• Well versed in all aspects of level design including documentation, greyboxing, and implementing interactive objects
• Understanding of landmarks, lighting, and silhouettes
• History of effective use of sightlines, opened vs constrained spaces, and balanced player cognitive load
• Experience with dynamic level layouts and fair hazards in a PvP environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Game Design or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of experience
• Shipped at least 2 AAA products on console or PC
• Solid understanding of UE4 and Blueprint
• Effectively communicate level design direction, requirements, and deliverables
• Art, programming, or audio skills a plus
• A deep love of video games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d863p6-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.