Senior Gameplay Software EngineerWB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Gameplay Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans. At this newest WB Games Studio, we will bring some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in free-to-play games.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for gameplay and feature development and true passion for game development.
What part will you play?
• Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high quality performant code
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellance
• Collaborate with design team to build gameplay systems and supporting tools
• Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
• Assess new market trends,features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
• 3+ Years Industry Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Solid Understanding of C++ (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling,
• Multi-Threading, etc.)
• Strong 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
• Experience Developing with the Unreal Engine or Unity 3D
• Strong Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
• Understanding of Engine Performance, Scalability and Maintainability
• Deep love of video games
• Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
• Proficient in Unreal Engine Blueprints
• Knowledge of the iOS & android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques