Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Senior Game Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans working on our upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
The Senior Game Software Engineer will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms and will own a variety of gameplay systems that will drive the game missions and quest features. Candidates must be able to demonstrate high competency for gameplay, feature development and a true passion for game development and for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
• Develop and implement key game systems and features and integrate with internal and external shared services and libraries.
• Participate in all parts of the development process from concept through to live-ops
• Work closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Collaborate with the design team to build gameplay systems and supporting tools
• Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
• Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
• Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate with the production team
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on at least two successfully published game titles or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in C++ (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Strong 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
• Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
• Proficient experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Nice to have
• Understanding of Unreal Engine Blueprints
• Understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y6z8-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.