Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc. , is looking to join a growing team supporting our upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new, open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World. As part of the production team, you will work closely with producers and other studio disciplines to support the development of Hogwarts Legacy.
The Senior Environment Artist position is a leadership-oriented production position for a highly experienced individual, with the ability and knowledge to produce and guide art team members in the delivery of art content for a variety of next-gen console video gaming projects.
This individual is an organized, excellent communicator, with a demonstrated area of artistic expertise. The individual can lead as well as follow.
• Develop digital 3D models and textures/materials for console video game projects; Composite environments scenes together with previously created assets; assist with lighting of those environments.
• Create high quality 3D assets to be functional for a finished game on time.
• Work with managers to plan work and create deadlines.
• Proactively report to project leadership and collaborate closely with the Art Manager to identify project risks, team needs, and advise on best practices.
• Ability to lead and facilitate discussions within the art team and technical art for art reviews and technical discussions.
• Perform other duties as needed in a willing and cooperative manner (be a helpful team member)
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus a Bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent work experience in 2D/3D animation, graphic design or video games
• 6-10 years' work experience in video games required.
• Expert knowledge of at minimum the Adobe software: Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Technical and functional expertise in 3D graphics with the following focus:
• 3D skills must include expertise and professional working experience in hard surface modeling, shaders and rendering in Maya, ZBrush or 3DS Max, organic modeling and topology of environmental assets.
• Material and Texture creation skills in Photoshop, Substance Designer/Substance Painter, Zbrush, CrazyBump. Ability to set up UVs, create textures and materials and apply these to 3D Models.
• Professional working experience in the Unreal Engine including scene assembly, materials, lighting, terrain sculpting.
• Ability to conceptualize ideas, produce concept art, storyboards, or mockups as needed and revise quickly.
• A well-developed sense of color and composition is critical.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx308o-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.