Lead Designer, Combat
Senior Designer, World ( 2 Year - Temporary)
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior World Designer to work closely with the Design, Art and Production staff to create and maintain high quality game spaces. This role will focus on the designing layout, creating architecture and modular assets, implementation, and editing of world content to create interesting spaces that support the game mechanics. As well as collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to ensure their levels are fun, interesting, and within performance constraints.
• Work with Lead World Designer and artist to design modular architectural assets, directed layout and asset population to create compelling game spaces using proprietary tools and industry standard software.
• Work within established level design metrics and utilize the game system to identify and resolve level design, performance and gameplay issues.
• Investigate and resolve game play issues identified by QA or team members through feedback our internal bug database.
• Help keep updated documentation, including but not limited to detailed descriptions of intended game play experience, workflows and maps highlighting location for events.
• Proven record of developing engaging open world content.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the games industry or at least two shipped titles working as a senior world designer or similar content creation experience.
• Strong understanding and experience with 3D modeling software (Preferably Max or Maya)
• Basic knowledge of scripting language (XML, LUA, Python, etc.) or competency in a programming language a plus.
• Experience with Houdini to create and implement procedural rulesets.
Nice to Haves
• Previous experience designing and working on modular levels.
• Proficient at identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within an encounter layout, playtest the game and help push for continued improvements for existing design and fresh prototypes.
• Work with a high level of autonomy and ability to assist their colleagues in designing efficient modular world content and iterate encounter layouts to support the navigational and combat goals for the game.
• Strong spatial relationships, layout design skills, and architecture elements.
• Excellent organization, negotiation, communication skills, and creating documentations.
• Comfortable with rapid iteration based on feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc. Capable of filtering large volumes of feedback into concrete and actionable improvements.
• Passion for games and game development.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkqvm-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.