Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Senior System Designer to work closely with Design, Art, Programming and Production to create and maintain high quality gameplay system and combat components. It will involve the design and technical implementation of AI (bipeds and non-bipeds) and their behaviors built to a high-quality standard. Their content is developed in pursuit of the overall design philosophy and player experience. This position will also work with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their systems play and perform as intended. An Advanced Designer should also set the example for junior designers on the team, mentoring and leading by example whenever possible.
• Work in multidisciplinary teams with designers, gameplay engineers, art and audio to coordinate in-game NPC Combat assets including models, animations, FX, and other responsibilities.
• Design, implement, and iterate on in-game behaviors of NPCs (including beasts).
• Shepard populations of enemies to create encounters and create links to other in game systems
• Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, Audio, Engineering, Production, and QA.
• Investigate and resolve gameplay issues identified by QA to maintain game stability and development velocity.
• 5+ years of game design experience required.
• Experience with player behavior, AI, or combat systems preferred.
• Experience with 3D open world action games preferred.
• We seek individuals with a diverse educational background who are excited to add their unique perspective to our team.
• Passion for game design.
• Attention to detail and self-motivated to make constant improvements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work effectively with people of a wide array of personalities and backgrounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22bem-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.