WB Games, Inc., seeks a Quality Assurance Engineer for its studio based in Troy, NY.
As a QA Engineer at WB Games New York you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called ''Hydra Studio'', in addition to some other internal technologies. As an integral part of the team, you will write automation, execute test cases, research bugs, file detailed bug reports and verify developer bug fixes.
• Document bugs with clear and straightforward reproducible steps and check similar issues that are being tested.
• Write code and maintain programs for the automation of QA
• Perform testing assignments with limited supervision.
• Identify issues outside of the normal test boundaries (testing outside the box).
• Maintain bugs in the database through their entire life cycle.
• Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary.
• Run tests directly against our API via a command line interface.
• Ability to write clear and concise bug reports that conform to the established bug writing standards of WB Games NY.
• Able to read and write software in Python or some other general purpose programming language.
• Experience running commands from a CLI (Command Line Interface).
• Experience using and interacting with a REST API, and other web-based technologies
• Ability to identify bugs, duplicate them, perform additional research, and track the bug lifecycle.
• Be detail-oriented and organized with your thought process.
• Have a proactive mindset, with the ability to multitask.
• Have a positive attitude, good people skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Plays and enjoys video games is a plus!
Perks and Advantages
• Competitive salaries
• Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
• Company-matching 401(k) retirement program
• Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
• An open and collaborative workspace
• We value a good work-life balance
• The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8xn1-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.