WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Product Manager to work closely with an internal team under the supervision of the Director of Product to define, launch, analyze, and operate free-to-play games. The ideal candidate for this role has worked with internal teams defining business goals and translating goals into business requirements and/or design specifications. Specifically, the Product Manager will be extremely detail oriented, with a strong product orientation and an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions in conjunction with Product Management leadership.
What part will you play?
• Provide detailed insights to development and product leadership to directly influence the on-going development of a live title
• Provides hypothesis-driven analysis of incoming game data
• Calculate expected outcome of proposed new features
• Prioritize backlog/roadmap recommendations where appropriate
• Directly utilizes multiple tools/dashboards to monitor performance of A/B tests, price changes, cross-promotion programs etc., as well as conduct specific analyses and drive product and live management decisions based on insights
• Executes with high precision and excellence, projects and tasks to ensure best in class title launches including but not limited to:
• Creation of consumer facing campaigns; IAM, Push Notifications, Local Notifications, News feed etc.
• Creation of reports, dashboards and Management information
• Cross discipline liaison with Customer Service & Community teams
• Responsible for working directly with Game designers, UX/UI designers and production to give insight and product oversight on in-development features
• Undergraduate degree required
• Graduate degree and Formal Business & Economics Training preferred
• 1+ years Product Management experience in video game industry with increasing responsibility
• At least 2 years experience in free-to-play games
• Strong familiarity with free to play games marketplaces, trends and best practices
• Passion for gaming, free-to-play and games-as-a-service
• Level of familiarity with higher order mathematics and statistical analysis greatly advantageous
• Ability to think scientifically and dispassionately about hypotheses related to the performance of the product, formulate plans and tests, resolve experiments, and improve metrics
• Understanding of free-to-play games and free-to-play games market
• Strong knowledge of free-to-play monetization strategies
• Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games
• Skilled in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel – Swrve, Braze, Unity, Looker, Sensor Tower/App Annie, Tableau, Big Query advantageous