Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Principal Software Engineer to lead the Graphics team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating graphics technologies for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
As the studio's Graphics Lead you will be leading Graphics Engineers, and working closely with the Art and Lighting teams to develop cutting edge graphics systems, features, and pipelines. As a Principal level Graphics engineer, your domain will span as much of the graphics pipeline as your skills and interests dictate. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining pivotal new graphics technologies for our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both graphics specific and general engineering systems.
Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
The Principal Software Engineer, Graphics Lead will also work closely with their manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
• Directly manage and mentor Graphics Engineers
• Design, author, maintain and refactor code that meets all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Collaborate with Graphics Engineers, other Core Tech Engineers, Art and Lighting leads and other content development experts to identify elements of the graphics pipeline in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new rendering technologies
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of new graphics systems and features
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
• 10+ years professional C/C++ programming
• Experience leading and managing Engineers developing rendering features and technologies for AAA 3D games
• Expert level understanding of modern rendering techniques, graphics algorithms and hardware
• Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
• Experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.)
• Experience working with content creators and collecting requirements
• Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
• Ability to openly discuss and review white papers. technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
The Nice to Haves
• Experience developing for PC and modern day console systems
• Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
• Experience developing first or third person action games
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq3nb-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.