Assistant Game Director
Knutsford, United Kingdom
• Leading level reviews alongside the Gameplay Art director & Head of LEGO Integration, feeding back on interactive gameplay assets, puzzles and set piece implementation, with a view to achieving high quality content.
• The design, construction, rigging and animation of level specific, set-piece & incidental LEGO game assets as required / specified by Game and/or Level Director
• Setup/triggering of level specific LEGO game assets and level/puzzle flow via in-house editors.
• Assisting in driving forward nTT tech, working with Game Mechanics, Game Technology and Tool Programmers, providing feedback on new tools, systems and mechanics.
• Provide coaching to Senior Gameplay Artists, Gameplay Artists and Junior Gameplay Artists where appropriate.
• Layout of level geometry based on design documentation and direction provided by the assigned Level Director.
• Optimisation of level specific, interactive gameplay assets and LODing where required across platforms.
• Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Line Management Responsibilities:
• Identifying and ensuring that all employee relations matters (including absence, performance and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures and in liaison with Human Resources
• Creative and Technical direction of the Gameplay Artist team.
• Ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and throughout crunch periods
• Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake
• Delegating work to employees and monitoring output
• Regularly reviewing employee performance through appraisals and 1-2-1's to ensure performance targets and expected behaviours are delivered
• Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching
Skills & Qualifications:
• Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Good working knowledge and proficiency in Maya
• Solid understanding of game editing tools and software.
• Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
• Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnow2-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.