Knutsford, United Kingdom
WB Games is seeking a Lead Artist to join our team. The Lead Artist will produce industry-leading visuals for a new cross-platform game. You will have the opportunity to work with Warner Media's diverse and loved brands. You will work with the engineering, design, and art teams to bring a new game world to life. Partnering with top brands in entertainment and world-class developers, the Lead Artist is an integral part of the team.
We are looking for a candidate that will be a mentor and advocate for the team, act as a visionary for the artistic direction of the game, and lead asset production from collaborative conceptualization through final product.
What part will you play?
• Conceptualize and communicate visual direction to raise the bar.
• Create, maintain and manage the visual systems, brand identity, production quality and style guide for our game world.
• Directly manage and mentor a robust art team, with dedicated animators, visual effects artists, technical artists, and numerous 3D and 2D artists.
• Collaborate on process and product with designers, producers, engineers and QA in addition to the artists.
• Ensure production quality through art asset review, directing, and oversight of the production process.
What do we require from you?
• Proven professional art direction experience on a mobile game
• Demonstrable experience in the development and operation of AAA titles
• Experience with a variety of game art disciplines
• Respect and understanding of User Experience and User Interface design
• Proven leadership abilities and teamwork skills
• Able to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate visually
• Must be able to provide a portfolio that demonstrates skills and experience
• Examples of past style guide documentation is a plus
WB Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.