Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a hands-on IT Manager to run the IT function within the studio in close collaboration with the TT and WBIE global IT team. This role will work closely with the Playdemic development team to identify, recommend, implement and support technology solutions.
In addition, you will participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and desktop support operations We are looking for self-motivated candidates, comfortable with taking ownership in a collaborative manner.
Initially this role is the sole IT position within Playdemic but the expectation is that future hires within the function would report to you. Playdemic's IT infrastructure is currently maintained by TT Games so working closely with their IT team is a must.
• Manage the studio IT function.
• Work closely with the TT Games IT team and WBIE Global IT team on projects and strategic initiatives.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Develop and maintain budget for the IT within Playdemic.
• Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
• Provide hands-on technical skills from desktop support through to cloud infrastructure.
• Work with others on negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Work with IT leadership and the studio management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development.
• Work across all areas of IT as needed. As the sole IT person with Playdemic this role is involved in everything from desktop support to strategy discussions.
• • Demonstrate relevant IT experience.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning.
• Understanding of the game industry technology processes not essential but a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
• Good knowledge of AWS.
• Desktop Support skills.
• Experience with Atlassian products, particularly Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with meeting room AV systems and video conferencing.
• IT Infrastructure knowledge including storage, switches, firewalls and virtualisation.
• Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC and Mac operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Experience with ITIL or similar is an advantage.
• Experience in an environment developing software for mobile platforms is desirable.