Wilmslow, United Kingdom
As a Content Designer/Planner at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., you will be responsible for producing detailed plans for the delivery of exciting, themed content into Golf Clash each Season (a new season starts every 4 weeks), and then work with the Golf Clash team to ensure those plans are delivered to spec and on time. The role of Content Designer/Planner is several skillsets rolled into one, someone who understands the needs of our players and what content they would like to see in the game, someone imaginative enough to develop coherent, powerful content roadmaps that might be influenced around various seasonal themes, and someone who has the commercial abilities to work with the design and analytics team and take their advice on board.
You will be experienced in the games industry or other, related creative industries and have a good understanding of content-driven systems. You will be familiar with competitor games and platforms that rely on regular content updates. You're ambitious to see your content ideas played and enjoyed by millions of people. You will need to be extremely creative, but also able to apply logic and analytical thought to the medium. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process.
Core Skills & Experience
• Demonstrable portfolio showing content creation and engagement within a gaming or creative industry environment.
• Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
• Willingness to work with the Producer and Creative Lead to translate your vision into in-game content.
• Creative thinker, able to come up with ideas that solve problems in simple and elegant ways that put the player first.
• Understanding of the commercial requirements of a product with the ability to communicate the business case as well as the player experience.
• Demonstrate a passion for game creation and want a game design as a career.
• Ability to empathise with the gameplay needs of a target audience that may differ from their own, personal view
• Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure.
• Detail orientated, quality focused and player centric.
• Passionate gamer with an interest in eSports and/or real-world sports
• Ability to fit in and work as part of a team.
• High levels of enthusiasm and drive.
Playdemic wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic, we know that the only way to make world-class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We have recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space, which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we've added to this space:
• Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
• Interesting and varied meeting spaces
• Height adjustable desks throughout
• State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
• One of the fanciest coffee machines you've ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
• We've even installed a beer tap!
On top of a very competitive salary, we also offer some of the following amazing benefits:
• Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies
• Regular health, wellbeing and social events
• Comprehensive Bonus Package
• Generous Company Pension
• Life Assurance
• Discounts on products