Cinematics Lighting Artist
Salt Lake City, UT
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a passionate Cinematic Designer to join our growing team on an unannounced AAA title!
Using their knowledge of cinematography and visual storytelling, the Cinematic team works with Producers, Story Artists, Animators, Level Designers, FX Artists, Sound Artists, and Lighters to generate dramatic cutscenes, create alluring marketing videos, and add life and appeal to the conversations and environments of our games.
• Work with directors to infuse gameplay with life and environmental storytelling
• Assist with shepherding in-game scenes throughout the process of creation and ensure their completion at a high degree of quality.
• Identify custom animation needs while also making use of our existing animation libraries.
• Assist with cinematic integration into the engine.
• Adhere to pipeline and technical requirements.
• 2+ years' experience working as a Cinematic Designer/Artist
• Experience using Maya and Unreal's Sequencer system
• A talent for technical problem solving
• Understanding of animation basics such as staging, posing, and timing
• Knowledge of the art of cinematography, pacing, and editing
• Ability to balance effective time management with quality production work under tight deadlines
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn and teach proprietary systems