WB Games is a leader in the games industry across all game platforms and mobile devices. Our diverse and inclusive workforce creates and brings to life the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes, and wizards in the world. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do. We have studios and offices across the globe.
WB Games is looking for an Associate User Researcher with an intense passion for gaming and science to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As an Associate User Researcher you will conduct research groups through in-person test sessions where data is collected on our games using a variety of methods including usability, playtesting, and 1-on-1. During each session you will observe participant behavior and communicate that information back to the group. You will also be responsible for writing up findings. Experience running research sessions is critical.
• Under research lead mentorship, determine and execute appropriate research methodologies and craft associated surveys as required
• Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
• Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
• Write research reports and debrief with various development teams
• Administer each playtest and usability session in a non-biased manner
• Provide findings-based recommendations as requested
• Assigns tasks and coordinates with research support staff
• Bachelor's degree required (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, human factors, or related field).
• 1 year of experience in a related role, ideally in games user research
• Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies
• Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
• Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
• Excellent organizational skills
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games
• Familiarity with analytics is a plus
• Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33e4q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.