Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an Associate Environment Technical Artist with strong Unreal, and environment development experience to join our Salt Lake City studio. You will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology, developing upcoming AAA title, Hogwarts Legacy.
• Work with a great team focusing on technical aspects of environment troubleshooting and optimization within Unreal
• Support artists in proper workflow and best practices
• Develop and improve solutions helping our studio work more efficiently and raising the quality bar with a focus on environment development and optimization.
• Stay abreast of current next gen technology and look for ways to incorporate new techniques to enhance visual quality and performance in our environments using Unreal
• Create, troubleshoot and maintain Unreal blueprints and blutilities.
• Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements
• Work as a team with programmers, artists and other technical artists
• Content integration in Unreal Engine
• Strong Unreal 4 foundation; integration and optimization of content, and blueprints
• Preferred at least 2 published games, student projects are acceptable
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Passion for creating and maintaining high end environments
• Desire to learn and understand performance optimizations
• Knowledge of asset authoring packages including Maya
• Able to work with the tech art team and art lead to meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone
• Knowledge of Python a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj82w1-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.