Salt Lake City, UT
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a n Animator, Cinematics to join the team working on our upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World. The Animator will be responsible for collaborating on product cinematic design, for overseeing development of art concepts, storyboards and visualizations, and for approvals of final art content while working very closely with the Director of Cinematics and Art Lead, Cinematics to develop and realize the vision of the cinematics .
• Responsible for animating 3D character models in a realistic game, this includes working with motion capture data, hand keyframed animations and facial/lip synch animations.
• Work with the in-house toolset to help set up characters and rigs, while also making characters and objects game ready
• Develop animatics (both 2D and 3D) for game projects
• Implement the 3D cameras for in-game cinematics
• 4+ years of progressively complex game industry experience in art and art direction
• Experience in animating motion captured animations a major plus
• Knowledge of one or more types of 3D software a required (Motionbuilder is preferred, Max and Maya).
• Solid eye for natural character performance
• Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to adapt to new technology and complex pipelines
• Willingness to provide and accept direction, able to work well under pressure and the ability to embrace change
• Ability to work well within a team and collaborate productively with others.
• Diligent with individual and team tasks, schedules and adherence to budget limitations
• An active, passionate interest in current video games and film to help drive quality to the next level
• Preferred 2-year 2D/3D art degree or equivalent functional experience with excellent critique and vocabulary skills
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually