(Monolith Productions), a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced Software Engineer to join the engineering team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating game systems for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
To succeed and thrive in this role a strong candidate would have a passion for gameplay systems such as: AI, combat, animation, online-connectivity, player controls, or progression. At the advanced level candidates are expected to be experts in one or more of these systems in addition to being a resource to Engineering peers.
As a member of our studio's Game Engineering Team you will work closely with Engineers, Designers, and Artists to develop gameplay for our next AAA title. Your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new systems to address the needs of our talented, in-house team of content developers.
• 8+ years professional C/C++ programming
• Experience developing complex systems for a published game
• Designed and implemented major game systems for a published game (preferred)
• Experience developing for major consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
• Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred)
• Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience architecting large, robust systems utilizing pragmatic solutions.
• Expert level knowledge of 3D math (preferred)
• A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
• Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
• Microsoft Visual C++ development environment
• Creative, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
• Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
• Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1omxm-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.