- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Advanced Server Engineer
WB Games San Diego is seeking an Advanced Server Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans. At this newest WB Games studio, we will bring some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in free-to-play games.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help build a Core-Server team and to create the backend infrastructure for next-generation games. Working remotely is an option.
The Core Server team will be a dedicated engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting our proprietary gaming platform.
What part will you play?
• Develop, and maintain backend infrastructure to support large scale online games across multiple gaming platforms
• Develop tools that empower our LiveOps and Game Design teams to deliver frequent live game events and store offers
• Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend and tools
• Integrate backend Systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.)
• Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack
• Leverage and contribute to corporate wide systems and solutions
• Improve configuration management, game build, and deployment processes
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
What do we require from you?
• A minimum of 2 published titles across various platforms
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Advanced Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services and Terraform prefered)
• Experience in C++, Java, C#/.NET & Python
• Experience in Unreal 4 Networking and Server Technologies
• Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of multiple game genres
• Previous work in a Linux CLI environment
• Existing experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc)