Avalanche Software, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks an Advanced Platforms Software Engineer with game console experience to join our talented team working on upcoming AAA console title Hogwarts Legacy. As a member of our studio's platform engineering team, you will be focused on delivering our immersive game on the latest next-generation consoles and high-end PC platforms. Candidates must have experience with game console hardware, be adept at using performance and debugging tools, and have an intuition and desire to push hardware to its limits. The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and results-oriented.
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on at least two successfully published game titles on modern game consoles
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
• Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems
• Strong understanding of multi-threaded programming, experience with balancing workloads across multiple cores or hardware units
• Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts
• Strong verbal communication skills; ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
of all major game hardware systems and how they work together
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Familiarity with GPU pipelines and shaders
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71ym8-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.