WAVY-TV and WAVY.com are continuing to expand our commitment to digital first local journalism. Our newsroom is growing, and we are looking for someone to join our award-winning team as a Digital Content Producer.
Applicants must be innovative, reader-focused and full of creativity. This position requires exceptional writing skills, proofreading/copy editing skills and stellar news judgment, with the ability to react quickly to breaking news.
We are seeking someone with strong social media skills who will be responsible for monitoring and posting relevant content utilizing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and a variety of other social media networks and tools. Research and database skills along with online experience in design and editing are a big plus.
Position will: Ensure accurate and engaging copy; edit and post video in a deadline driven environment.
• Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred; CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills a big plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of design for content management systems, usability and accessibility practice and customer focus are essential.
• Candidate must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights and weekends, and holidays.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Please remember to upload a copy of your resume and include a link to your work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46jxq-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.