METEOROLOGIST (W/END) - WAVE
WAVE 3 News is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky's first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 60 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and coverage on digital, social, and OTT channels throughout the day.
WAVE 3 News in Louisville, KY seeks a dynamic, engaging and creative full-time weekend meteorologist to join its highly regarded WAVE 3 News Storm Tracking Team. If you are fan of all seasons and the extremes that come with each of them you'll love the challenge of forecasting in the heart of the Ohio Valley. From our fully loaded storm chase vehicle, an outdoor weather studio, off-set office and even a portable tornado simulator we're serious about weather and you should be too!
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing scientific data, models and other available and relevant information to build an accurate weather forecast
- Accurately forecasting and tracking severe weather
- Design aptitude and creativity to produce unique weather graphics
- Ability to communicate with the news staff to assist in editorial decision-making
- Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science or related field
- At least 3 years of on-air experience as a broadcast meteorologist
- Proficiency with the MAX Eco-System and familiar with augmented reality
- Strong digital and social content skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Scheduling flexibility
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx1mq-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.