WATE-TV 6 in Knoxville, Tennessee is looking for a self-motivated digital content creator. This is a digital-dedicated position that spends most of their day writing and reporting original content from various assigned beats and contributing to the digital KPIs, and produces and anchors digital live events and breaking news stream on the website as warranted. The ideal candidate must be a strong news writer who exhibits exceptional news judgment and have experience producing digital content in a high-pressure television news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while also able to work independently.
• Produce digital content for WATE's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps, newsletters and social media
• Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information online as it happens
• Strong and engaging breaking news writer with on-camera presence
• Work closely with digital director, newsroom managers, assignment editor and broadcast producers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
• Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of WordPress is a plus)
• Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click. Honest writer who avoids clickbait.
• Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker
• Adheres to AP style
• Regularly meets measurements of success (pageview KPIs)
• Basic Photoshop and editing skills
• Basic HTML knowledge
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred. Three (3) years minimum experience as a digital news producer or digital journalist preferred. Experience in writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9wvn-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.