Human Resources Business Partner, Entertainment
US Latin Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The US Latin Analyst will be part of WM Latina team reporting to Latina's Managing Director. This position will be responsible to optimize day-to-day operations for the Marketing team through data and insights and understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services. Our goal for this role is to serve as a gatekeeper to the US Latin market, by helping to establish best practices for breaking hits and sustaining catalog repertoire in the streaming space, to gauge the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns, and to understand user behavior.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role, you will get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with streaming fans. You will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of an international record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Pro-actively supports his/her market by analyzing consumer behavior on DSP's and reporting back to local leadership.
• Liaise with the local marketing, A&R and streaming department by being the go-to person for artist and track analysis.
• Follow market trends, initiatives and innovations with the music industry.
• Coordinate with other markets, by communicating with local analysts to optimize local strategies and create uniformity across territories.
• Communicate findings and insights to senior management to establish best practices and playlisting and catalog exploitation, and to guide analysis into action and results.
• Provide labels and marketing teams with strategic guidance in growing streams by developing a thorough understanding of services like Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube.
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects.
• Sales forecasting and analyzing for upcoming deals
Rockstar candidates will possess:
• College or University Degree
• Spanish Fluency
• Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and Tableau.
• A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
• 2-3 years of experience within the music industry.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Familiarity with Tableau or similar visualization tools
• Experience using SQL
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.