Early Career Recruiter
Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Manager/Director, People Team (8-Month Leave Cover)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after People Team at Warner Chappell Music.
A little bit about our team:
The People Team is an awesome group that provides human resources support to the Warner Chappell Music employee population at Warner Music Group. Our Warner Chappell Music Global People Team has a presence in US, UK and Asia Pacific offices. We are driving our business' people strategy by creating an inclusive and engaged culture. The People Team is the go-to for everything people and culture focused.
Why this could be your next big break:
The People Team Sr. Manager or Director will act as a hands-on thought partner for business leaders on all matters regarding People and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and talent acquisition. The People Team Sr. Manager/ Director will also be a contributor and project manager on various People initiatives.
Here you'll get to:
• Take a leadership role in driving culture transformation within your supported client groups.
• Act as a key influencer in driving change.
• Provide coaching to leaders on matters concerning performance development, employee relations and compliance.
• Work with the People Team Leader on creating, implementing, and facilitating training initiatives for employees.
• Partner with key stakeholders, such as IT, Facilities and Security to create positive employee experience.
• Establish and keep strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Work with Talent Acquisition to translate hiring needs, and ensure effective filling of entry level, professional and technical job openings.
• Lea discussion with department heads on high potential talent and develop plans for deepening employee engagement.
• Support annual merit and bonus process.
• Work with the SVP People and the Warner Chappell People team in driving employee performance, morale and efficiency through the effective delivery of day-to-day People services, as well as through the effective roll-out and improvement of formal initiatives.
• Conduct research, contribute to projects and timelines, and participate as a hands-on contributor on teams and committees toward the successful completion of various People Initiatives.
• Coordinate with Compensation on benchmarking and salary analysis for current employees and new hires.
• Respond to all levels of employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints by conducting investigations, and partnering with HR colleagues and internal legal counsel to project manage and resolve issues.
Rockstar candidates will be able to have:
• 5+ years' experience as an HR generalist or equivalent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Working understanding of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Formal study in Human Resources, Employment Law, Psychology, Management, Business or a related field is preferred.
• Ability to coach leaders and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A progressive, creative outlook towards the HR or People function.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to present to groups in a confident, engaging and consistent manner.
• Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
• Familiarity working with Workday.
• Curiosity and willingness to explore beyond the day to day.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.