Temp - Social Media Assistant, Digital Marketing
Job Title: Temp - Social Media Assistant, Digital Media
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. They are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, they build online fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. They create, market, distribute and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
The Social Media Assistant temp position reports directly to the Vice President of Digital Marketing and is the primary role in supporting the label's artists, and establishing solutions in the promotion of new releases weekly on the Atlantic Records social media accounts. Within the role, you will work on reaching thousands of music fans by creating social posts across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Community and Triller. Here you'll be able to support priority releases of some of the best and biggest artists. You will work with our digital marketing and creative services departments and establish the Atlantic Records voice as you engage a multitude of fan bases across all genres. You'll also brainstorm digital marketing strategies and campaigns, stay up-to-date with current trends, and establish a fluency within social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and able to multi-task as you will be juggling the social media marketing of a multitude of releases. This person is interested in promotion online with innovative digital campaigns AND has an interest in new technology. They read blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, install every new app just to try it out, and have a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discover new music in interesting ways. You MUST be highly creative, extremely motivated, and love being a part of a team.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate with Digital Marketing teams to support weekly releases on the company's social media platforms
• Actively manage and promptly promote the day-to-day artist releases, activations, priorities, catalog integrations and general content
• Provide roll out support for both artist and Atlantic Records campaigns
• Oversee and update all social media platforms and current scheduler: Later/Link in Bio
• Actively update the Atlantic Records company website with new releases including: albums, singles, music videos, New Music Friday posts and more
• Coordinate with Digital Marketing teams and email team to support releases, merch, playlists, opt-ins, tours and more to be sent out in weekly newsletters
• Maintain a weekly and monthly calendar with new releases, music videos, artist content, heritage months, and more
• Update Atlantic Records playlists on YouTube, Spotify and Soundcloud on a weekly basis with all new releases
• Create and/or update links to content via Linkfire to be included in social posts
• Coordinate with creative services department in the creation of weekly and months assets including: animated clips, static visuals, banners, social skins, landing pages, and more
• Keep up-to-date with current music industry and social media trends
• Research artist and TikTok content for weekly/monthly priority releases and daily social posts
• Provide weekly data/analytic reports regarding social media engagement and follower growth
• You have a passion for music and tech - we know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social media and music
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities
• You can multitask and prioritize
• You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are insanely detail-oriented
• You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
• You are creative
• You are a self-starter
• You are curious and ask questions
• You are nice!
We'd love it if you also had:
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• 1-2 years of Digital Marketing experience
• 1-2 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
• Experience working with artists and marketing across genres and across social media platforms
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (TikTok Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Snapchat, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
• Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow-up skills with an attention to detail
$17.95 to $19.49 Hourly
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4e7mq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.