At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Business Development; Deals Office
A little bit about our team:
Work with a dynamic team who sits at the center of Warner/Chappell's global deal ecosystem and analyze songwriter/producer/artist signings and acquisitions from offices domestically and around the world. Partner closely across multiple teams such as legal, A&R, finance, and admin to ensure we have a 360 view of the deal to accurately capture the financial impact of potential signings and use that information to inform the multi-million dollar deal making process.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will participate in the financial review of deal making worldwide and work with the Deal Office team to ensure Warner Chappell's investments meet appropriate risk/return thresholds. You will be joining an exciting company and have the opportunity to interact with senior level executives while learning a great deal about how the music publishing business operates.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare forecasted financial models (DCF) for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures.
• Prepare presentations for C-Suite and Board level deal approval process with Warner Music Group corporate FP&A team.
• Track annual investment spending, complete portfolio analysis, and prepare appropriate reports for senior management review.
• Analyze historical financials, explain variances, and forecast forward financials.
• Assist in weekly US deal submission process. Work with Legal and A&R divisions to ensure the deal terms are clearly presented to senior management.
• Partner with A&R and legal to frame key modeling questions and understand business implications.
• Help senior business executives think through complex decisions based on the available data to deliver analytical insights and drive tangible business outcomes.
• Expert-level skills in Excel and Powerpoint – must be able to use Excel/Powerpoint shortcuts (primarily) without a mouse
• Experience building financial models (DCF, IRR, NPV)
• Experience reading legal documents to extract relevant financial implications
• Experience crafting Powerpoint presentations for C-suite and board level audiences
• Ability to ''see the forest through the trees'' - analyze data to draw meaningful insights and drive decision-making
• General working knowledge of revenue recognition and accounting principles (i.e. ability to put together simple cash flow statement)
• 3-4 years of experience in, FP&A, Managerial Accounting private equity, hedge fund, investment banking, etc.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of the music publishing industry
• Experience translating qualitative information into quantitative financial models
• Experience of applying analytics to music publishing in the media industry (streaming experience preferred)
• Working knowledge of Nielsen, Mediabase, and music-publishing specific research tools
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yym7-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.