Manager, Strategic Planning
Regional Finance Director
Job Description Summary
The Finance Department at Latin America (Latam) Regional Office is responsible for overseeing all the financial operations of the Latam Region (including US Latin) in partnership with the finance groups within the individual territories. The department's primary functions include financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, strategic initiatives and financial and control compliance.
High Level Job Description:
The Regional Finance Director is responsible for supporting the financial reporting of the Latam Region's operations, including monthly actual results, monthly forecasts, annual budget, and cash forecasting. In addition, this position will work as a partner with the affiliates' Finance Directors in the analysis, discussion and implementation of various initiatives and projects. This position reports to the Regional CFO.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Support the Latam Region's finance team with their financial reporting requirements including monthly actual results, monthly forecasts, and annual budget including submissions, deliverables and review meetings.
• Analyze the annual budget and monthly forecasts prepared by the affiliates prior to submission. Update Regional budget/forecasts templates and send to affiliates for completion for CFO review prior to submission.
• Participate in the forecast, budget and strategic planning meetings and manage resulting deliverables and action items.
• Consolidate budget/forecast package and provide to Regional senior management with insight into variances vs. prior forecasts and periods, revenue growth and composition, artist profitability, A&R investment and other areas, prior to submission.
• Participate in Regional presentations for Budget and Forecasts to Senior Management.
• Perform a review of monthly actual results (P&L and BS) and discuss with business unit CFO's and finance teams to understand variances from expectations (forecast/budget) and summarize results and provide to Senior Management.
• Prepare a market analysis for Latin America including industry genre trends and sales composition and provide to senior management monthly.
• Participate in Financial Review Meetings with Corporate and resolve outstanding items if any.
• Assist in reviewing bi-weekly cash forecast from affiliates prior to submission.
• Assist in performing due diligences for potential acquisitions or strategic alliances.
• Partner with the affiliates to discuss the financial impact of new signings and participate in the approval process.
• Assist in reviewing findings from industry compliance audits and resolving any outstanding items to conclude the audits.
• Assist in the accounting and reporting processes of the US Latin affiliate including monthly close process, and monthly financial package for actuals and forecasts.
• Prepare various ad-hoc analyses and participate in various projects when required.
• Minimum of 10 years of Finance/Accounting experience, preferably with some mixture of experience within public accounting and a large global company.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and cultivate and develop key relationships.
• Ability to work without supervision and resolve problems independently.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to present financial information effectively and in a creative manner.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as needed.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and staff.
• Experience in Finance in Latin American territories.
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
• Music or other media/entertainment industry experience a plus
• Experience with SAP and HFM a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required
• Master's Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred
• CPA preferred
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.