Warner Music Group
New York, NY
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Promotions team at Elektra Music Group.
Position: Promotions Assistant
A little bit about our team:
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, Kaleo, Korn, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Slipknot, Tones and I, Twenty One Pilots, and others.
Why this could be your next big break:
Radio Promotions plays an integral part within a record label. Airplay for artists is extremely important in terms of getting exposure because of its massive reach across the country.
Aside from our objective of getting songs onto the radio, the department also handles flyaways, a.k.a. giveaways for contest winners with travel arrangements included. We also send out prize packages and other incentives to respective radio stations. Stations benefit from holding these giveaways because it increases activity within their audience, and labels benefit by building goodwill and a stronger relationship with their fan base.
This department receives integral information from various databases (spins, adds/increases, etc.) regarding radio airplay. It is used throughout other departments for tasks such as booking/routing a tour for an artist, displaying where the artist is getting the most airplay (and which regions to target), displaying impressive numbers on various advertisements, etc.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist Radio Nationals and Regional reps in day-to-day tasks
• Collect data and draft reports from Mediabase and Music Connect
• Maintain computer database of prizing and winners including input, maintaining and proper report procedure
• Assist in the performance as liaison between station and label
• Organize, package, and ship items for radio station giveaways and promotional packages.
• Work with the art department when acquiring assets for formulating e-blasts, sending out posters, graphic printing, and the like.
• Song Encoding – to Mediabase, BDS, and iHeart
• Send unreleased music to radio stations/programmers
Rockstar candidates will be:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Teams, Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
• Creative and self-motivation
• Ability to problem-solve and prioritize
• Detail - oriented and time management skills
• Strong passion for and knowledge of the music industry
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience using industry tools such as Nielsen Music Connect, Mediabase, Mailchimp etc.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop
• Desire to grow in Radio Promotion
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.