At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Product Data Management Specialist - Catalog Ingest
A little bit about our team:
The Product Data Management Team is a part of Global Data Operations. Our team supports regional product data standards in partnership with regional Labels as well as other Product Data Management personnel. We contribute as needed to IT projects impacting the Label Copy application, GCDM (Global Content Data Management). We provide label support when entering Label Copy into GCDM. Our team is also involved in onboarding new catalogue into GCDM which Warner has either acquired or is distributing.
Why this could be your next big break:
Be at the forefront of ensuring that Warner Music Group sets the standards for excellence in metadata in the music industry. Be a part of the new Catalog Ingestion Team analyzing and onboarding catalog metadata ensuring it conforms to the high standards required by both Warner standards and industry requirements, within set deadlines overseen by PDM Catalog Ingest Manager and other key Catalog Ingestion departments. Review our current catalog process and contribute to what could improve/enhance our process overall.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be carrying out expert product and asset data entry and maintenance on behalf of WMG for incoming catalogs, polishing and preparing each catalog to required standards
• Onboard a catalog from receipt of initial metadata reviewing and polishing as required, through to loading into label copy system with any final adjustments as required to suit other departmental requirements as they onboard other aspects such as artwork and audio
• You will liaise with manager, other departments and acquired labels regarding metadata concerns/issues
• You will educate, document and inform Labels on WMG standards and processes to establish effective communication and ensure quality data transfers
• You will perform relevant Product Data Management (PDM) project work whenever possible
• You have demonstrated a track record of consistent and high-quality delivery in a music metadata management environment
• You have demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• You have handled a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills
• You have excellent time management and prioritization skills
• You have very high attention to detail and consistency
• You are computer proficient; MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1 year of metadata experience in the music industry
• Project management experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2oq1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.