Departmental Assistant, Baseball
Los Angeles, CA
Paralegal Administrative Assistant
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Legal & Business Affairs team.
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision, participates in the legal and certain related financial and business operations and aspects of the Company, involving negotiations, deals or contracts affecting copyrights, licenses, royalties, fees, claims, settlements, litigation and other related legal and/or business matters.
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain records, files, contacts, documentation, etc.
• Provide administrative support to two attorneys.
• Prepare agreements and files for briefing.
• Assist, gather and review supporting materials for agreements including song information.
• Prepare check requests and complete necessary documentation.
• Schedule, coordinate, and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, prepare and process expense reports, and travel itineraries.
• Prepare, transcribe, and process correspondence, reports, status reports, forms of contracts, agreements, licenses, memoranda, presentation material, and other related matters of confidential and/or complex nature.
• Process incoming mail and correspondence; preparing outgoing mail.
• Perform special projects as needed.
Rockstar candidates will be able to/have:
• A high school level education is required
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible office experience, preferably within a legal department in a music publishing or related business preferably within a legal department, performing administrative functions.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced emphases in WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
• General office practices, typing, filing, office appliance operations.
• Be resourceful.
• Pay strong attention to detail / detail oriented.
• Be energetic.
• Self-starter and posses a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Takes ownership of work assigned.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree, augmented by course work in music publishing law and business.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.