Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Warner Records Marketing team.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Marketing department is the chief holder of information on the status of an individual project (record or dvd) scheduled to be released into the marketplace. Primary focus lies in discovering effective advertising avenues, market research, dissemination of useful information to fellow staff members and partner labels.
Here you'll get to:
• Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, management of multiple phone lines, scheduling internal and external meetings, submitting expense reports, coordinating travel, processing invoices, ordering office supplies, conducting mailings, and management of multiple calendars.
• Create and update weekly artist one-sheets and timelines to be distributed within the company and to external partners.
• Assist in the development and execution of artist marketing plans by participating in meetings, creating artist pitch decks, and communicating with all respective departments.
• Schedule all product releases and ensure that all production deadlines are met.
• Pull, analyze, and distribute weekly Soundscan, Mediabase, Tableau and Music Connect reports to be sent internally and to respective managers.
• Maintain, organize, and distribute all artists' assets to the company and external clients.
• Coordinate with the creative department to create artist assets including graphics, print ads, hype sheets, posters, stickers, digital assets, etc.
• Write copy for promotional assets including one sheets, stickers, posters, print ads, etc.
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise interns and emerging talent associates every semester.
• Plan and execute artist events including listening sessions and release parties by coordinating with outside vendors and venues, maintaining a budget, creating promotional material, and being on site to ensure all events run smoothly.
• Liaise with third party marketing and street team companies to create and distribute tools such as posters, stickers, and tee-shirts.
• Process invoices by setting up vendors in our system, coding the invoices in our financial systems, and corresponding with vendors to ensure final payment.
• Actively attend meetings, take notes, and prepare materials to circulate to the team before and after meetings.
• Support and develop relationships with lifestyle and strategic brands that help with production and execution of marketing related events for Warner Records and our artists
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Comprehensive experience with PC and Mac platforms, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in high pressure environment.
• Effective online research methods.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• The right person for this job will be confident, reliable, accept responsibility and handle pressure well.
• They must have a sense of urgency and demonstrate professionalism over the phone - representing the SVP and bring a professional approach.
• Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Hunger to learn overall operations of a record company and the ability to quickly administrate and/or fulfill day-to-day requests is essential.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.