Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Pop/Rock Marketing team at Atlantic Records.
Title: Assistant, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing Department is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts for the release of music and content (internally and with outside parties) on all projects. This position is based in Los Angeles, and provides support to one individual in LA and one in NY.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will provide administrative and marketing support for Senior Vice President of Marketing in all TV and Film soundtrack related Marketing activities, as well as support a Senior Manager of Marketing. These are high profile executives and will give you an opportunity to get your name and work exposed.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate various artist projects and activities with other Atlantic departments on behalf of your supervisors and their projects.
• Engage and contribute in new marketing strategies and ideas with Product Managers and respective departments
• Monitor artist online activities and share with the team their trends, audience and suggest next steps for the artists growth
• Research and study new consumer trends to share with the team for potential artist campaigns
• Schedule releases into production per your supervisor's direction
• Write and format campaign copy for various promotional tools such as sell sheets, email blasts, internal artist updates, etc.
• Plan and organize meetings for your supervisors and their team
• Organize travel for Supervisors
• Interview, hire and manage interns each semester. Train interns in all aspects of the department so they can be helpful for you and the team
• Manage and support artist events with outside vendors and venues, when necessary
• Participate in meetings to discuss current and upcoming marketing and promotional plans
• Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, and one-sheets weekly
• Run weekly reports such as Nielsen sales reports and Radio Mediabase for internal distribution and to respective managers, agents, and outside marketing agencies
• Process invoices from outside vendors and follow-up on payments
• Act as a support between product managers and artist's management
• Coordinate with the art department and production to design tools such as posters, stickers, cover art, digital assets and ads
• Book artists' travel and arrange for meals when visiting the office for marketing purposes.
• Liaise with outside specialty marketing companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers and music, when needed.
• Maintain your supervisors' calendars and schedules and monitor phones
• Gather assets and book advertising campaigns per your supervisor such as TV, Radio, street snipes
• Attend events, shows, and parties to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, and entertainment companies
• File travel and expense reports
• Maintain, organize and distribute all artists' assets
Rockstar candidates are:
• Passionate about the music industry, specifically marketing Pop and Alternative Rock artists
• Interested in Brand development for our many developing artists
• Self- efficient with a ''can do'' attitude
• Highly motivated
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Research Skills
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Able to Multi-task
• Manage time effectively
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator preferred.
• Savvy communication skills
• Comprehensive experience on Power Point
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
• Experience with compiling data and discerning most relevant or important data
• At least one year of music experience
• Existing examples on being a self-starter, entrepreneur spirt, passion for music and artists.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.