At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Finance Manager, Technology/Data Operations - Corporate Services
A little bit about our team:
This role provides financial support and analysis to the corporate services departments with a primary focus on global Information Technology (IT), our largest corporate spend department and the office of the Chief Data Officer(CDO). Primary responsibilities include forecasting, budgeting, financial operations, project cost tracking and monthly close.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the Chief Information Officer, Chief Data Officer and all IT leadership with budget management, tracking of actual results and monthly forecasting. Provide a monthly Global reporting package to the CIO & CDO to report on all variances to budget and forecast on a vendor basis.
• Collaborate with the IT/Data leadership on bottom up and top down budget development, analysis and presentation.
• Track actual project costs against budget. Work with Project Managers to investigate and provide variance explanations between budget, forecast, and actuals to CIO, CDO, and various senior level executives.
• Collect, consolidate, and analyze all Global IT submissions for budgets, major forecasts, and actual submissions and reports results to the CIO.
• Perform key monthly close activities such as preparing journal entries, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and fixed assets management.
• Ensure proper approval, coding, processing and closure of contracts/SOWs, PO's and invoices during the month and as part of the month end close.
• Own monthly cash forecast for IT, GDO and various other projects.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models and business cases to support capital projects and investment, including determination of a return on investment (ROI).
• Provide support during the quarterly and annual audits.
• Supports the external reporting team with various ad-hoc requests during the preparation of the 10Q and 10K.
• Track and manage key financial data from third-party contracts and work closely with IT sourcing and procurement team to govern spend levels.
• Assist with the review of all Global Capital Allocation Request submissions and ensure all requested spend has been budgeted for and reflected accurately.
• Work with UK finance team to collect and analyze monthly reporting packages for the UK IT departments and analyze UK specific project spend.
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by senior management.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and in a team.
• Knowledge of accounting and finance.
• Understanding of physical and digital corporate technology infrastructure (hardware, systems, applications and verbiage) preferred.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented self-starter, who has a positive attitude and committed to developing their career.
• Commitment to follow-up on open action items/assignments and ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
• Experience with SAP or other large ERP systems preferred.
• 5+ years' experience with budgeting, forecasting, account analysis, month-end activities, and vendor management, preferably with a Technology department.
• Bachelor's degree required preferably in Accounting or Finance.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v26q-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.